The Best-Kept Secret

Search & Win

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mommy's "Spa"


It's 1:14 a.m. and guess what? I am wide awake!


I'll be honest with you. I am new to blogging so it takes a while to learn the lingo. But I do enjoy reading what other people think and blog about. Maybe I did go a little crazy with the pumpkins on the background...Anyway, we are here not blend in but to stand out! LOL


My Pumpkin today was beading. I got those multicolored plastic ones about 1/4 of an inch in diameter for her. She just loves them! Now every Barbie and Teddy is accessorized. It is also a good activity to develop fine -motor skills.

Today, while I was busy reading your blogs, my daughter ran up to me,

"Mommy, Mommy"she yelled. "I made a necklace for you!"

When I pulled myself out of the screen I saw that little happy face. She was so proud! She was bursting from pride.

Sometimes there are very little things and moments that matter, that are important to us, that later on in life we cherish and say that they have sentimental value. Don't miss them. Slow down, pause for a moment and take it all in.


This was one of those moments for me.


"Thank you, Pumpkin,I like it so much! I am going to wear it right now."


Pumpkin put on the pumpkin -made necklace over my head, checked me out and said:"Mommy, for my birthday you can give me a jewelry box just like yours(hint-hint), so I can put there all the things I like." Fair trade. And before she left she made a statement:"Mom, those beads don't match your red jacket"


Fashion police. Do I need a stylist? Seriously!

When I shovel everybody in beds it is MY time. Like tonight. I brewed my green tea, made one of my concussion face masks, took a nice long shower...till I turned into a prune, and did the laundry. I know, I know. That wasn't part of my "spa" plan but I am trying to be a responsible citizen. As much as I can I do my laundry in off-peak ours. It's better for the planet and your wallet. If you happen to be awake at night do the laundry, save the world!
I am particularly possessive of my face mask concussions. It is not easy... Here! Be beautiful.
Banana Face Mask
You will need:
1/2 ripe banana, mashed
1 tablespoonful of orange juice
1 tablespoonful of honey
Mix all the ingredients together. Apply to your face and neck. Keep for 15 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water.
You can substitute all the ingredients for organic equivalents. This way you'll get Organic Banana Face Mask. It is great for your skin. Banana and honey are calming and moisturizing, orange juice acids are exfoliating. It's easy and cheap. Enjoy!
Mommy needs as much glow as she can squeeze out.

No comments: