You need a number of paint swatches of different colors(totally up to you) in doubles. I couldn't resist Disney Color by BEHR at Home Depot. They are a real attention getter and very kiddie friendly.
This is what you do after you scoop them up from your store(they are absolutely free!).
1. Sort out the swatches dividing them in two piles so that each pile had 1 of each color.
2. Mix them all up not to make it easy for your child.
3.Take one set of colors and line them up in front of you little one. The older the child is the more colors he/she can handle at once.
4. Give the other set to your kiddo and ask to match the colors naming each one.
Activity #2: Shades of green, shades of blue
1. You will need several paint swatches of different shades of the same color. Just one set.
2. Mix them all up and ask your child to line them up a) from the darkest to the lightest or b)from the lightest to the darkest.
Activity #3: Memory Game
1. Pick out 6 pairs( or more if your child is a little older).
2. Mix them all up and put them face down 3x4.
3.Take turns drawing cards and trying to find a match like in any other memory game.